Cogence is seeking an Executive Director to provide overall leadership and management in carrying out the organization’s mission. The Executive Director is responsible for managing day-to-day organizational operations and for fueling growth consistent with the strategic plan as set by the Board. Cogence is a non-profit organization designed to improve the productivity of all parties who come together to design and construct a building. We are Owners, Architects, Engineers, Construction Mangers, Trade Contractors, and other Industry Affiliates who collectively develop industry best practices. We are organized in regional chapters with a central governing Board. We have chapters in Northeast Ohio, Northwest Ohio, and Central Ohio, with plans to expand to other regions across the nation.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Provide strong leadership for Cogence, working with the Board to identify, develop, and execute the organization’s priorities.
- Manage the Cogence Chapters, helping them set goals, develop programing, and attract new Partners.
- Work collaboratively with the Board Executive Committee to define growth strategies and increase the organization’s visibility.
- Oversee and manage all accounting functions; prepare annual operating budgets and financial plans for Board approval.
- Develop communications to promote brand and events. This may include grant writing for the funding of special projects.
- Attend Board meetings, providing operations updates and cultivating strong relationships with Board members.
- Cultivate and maintain external relationships, while overseeing communications.
- Passion for the mission of an organization that is working to impact an entire industry.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership position overseeing an organization’s operations while maintaining a remarkable track record of building long-term, productive relationships with partners. We are looking for someone who is excited to work closely with the Board to influence our growth and impact.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills and strategic thinking.
- Poise, integrity, dignity, and reliability in your professional life.
- Ability to thrive in an environment where you set the pace.
- Eagerness to bring people together to achieve a goal. People enjoy working with you and trust you.
- Solid knowledge of marketing and financial management.
- Minimum of three years non-profit experience or small business management.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement, and then identify and implement solutions.
- Self-motivation, ability to get things done, and a strong work ethic.
- A strong desire to make Cogence a national organization.
For more information and to submit qualifications, please contact Pamela Neckar at email@example.com.