Cogence is supported by its Partners and Emerging Leaders.
Cogence is a non-profit 501(c)(6) entity with a Board of Directors and complete governance by-laws to sustain the organization.
We completed an organizational restructuring in October 2020. This restructure included the creation of a Board of Overseers (i.e., the Cogence Alliance Board of Directors), whose purpose is to (1) serve as a think tank for industry-wide change (with input from chapters); (2) advocate for that change; (3) guide the direction and focus of programming; and, (4) provide oversight to chapter activities. The restructure also created formal Boards of Directors at the chapter-level. Each regional chapter has a separate Board of Directors, which includes a president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer. Additionally, each chapter has three (3) primary committees: Partnerships, Programs, and Emerging Leaders, some chapters have Advocacy, DEI, and Resource committees — and the chairs (or co-chairs) of each committee serve on the Chapter Board.
Partners form the core of Cogence’s thought leadership and advocacy. They are senior members of their respective organizations who have direct leadership responsibility in project delivery decisions. Partnership is an active commitment to work together to improve construction industry outcomes.
Kevin Thompson, email@example.com
Cogence Alliance Board of Directors
- President: Pamela Neckar, Bostwick Design Partnership (2021-2023)
- Vice President: Scott Wagner, Regency Construction (2022-2024)
- Secretary: Joanne Brown, Case Western Reserve University (2022-2024)
- Treasurer: Armando Francisco, Lake Erie Electric (2022-2024)
- Chair, Advocacy: Jeff Appelbaum, Thomson Hine / PMC (2021-2023)
- Chair, Programs: Sean McDermott, Cleveland Metroparks (2021-2023)
- Chair, Diversity: Phil Kerber, Whiting-Turner Contracting Co. (2021-2023)
- At-Large: Walter Jones, MetroHealth (2021-2023)
- At-Large: Pat Klanac, PTA Engineering (2021-2023)
- At-Large: Joe Cleves, Taft Law (2021-2023)
- At-Large: Becky McAdams, GPD Group (2022-2024)
- NE Ohio Chapter President: Tadhg O’Crowley, The Brewer-Garrett Company (2021-2023)
- Central Ohio Chapter President: Jeff Ortman, HAWA Incorporated (2021-2023)
NEOhio Chapter Board of Directors
- President: Tadhg O’Crowley, The Brewer-Garrett Company (2021-2023)
- Vice President: Bob Hager, Brennan Manna Diamond (2021-2023)
- Secretary: Cynthia Leitson, Tri-C (2021-2023)
- Treasurer: Open
- Co-Chairs, Advocacy: Ross Mitchell, TH Martin (2022-2024) & Charlie Izzo, Infinity Construction (2022-2024)
- Chair, Partnership: Jeff Loyall, Turner Construction (2022-2024)
- Chair, Programs: Aaron Lobas, Osborn Engineering (2023-2025)
- Chair, Emerging Leaders: Jeff Cerveny, PTA Engineering (2023-2025)
- Chair, DEI: Brad Berkowitz, The Whiting-Turner Contracting Co. (2022-2024)
- At-Large: Bryan Wahl, Bostwick Design Partnership (2nd term: 2021-2025)
- At-Large: Carter Edman, City of Cleveland (2nd term: 2021-2025)
- At-Large: Dean Vaughn, University Hospitals / Sodexo Healthcare (2022-2024)
Central Ohio Chapter Board of Directors
- President: Jeff Ortman, HAWA Incorporated
- Vice President: Frank Eisenhower, Karpinski Engineering
- Secretary: Jennifer Son, DesignGroup
- Treasurer: Kelly Greene, DIRTT Environmental Solutions
- Co-Chair, Programs: David Scott, BMD and Jennifer Son, DesignGroup
- Chair, Partnership: Jonathan Wilch, MA Design
- At-Large: Doug Smith, IMEG Corp.
- At-Large: Stephen Metz, SMBH Inc.