Cogence is supported by its Partners and Emerging Leaders.
Cogence is a non-profit 501(c)(6) entity with a Board of Directors and complete governance by-laws to sustain the organization.
We completed an organizational restructuring in October 2020. This restructure included the creation of a Board of Overseers (i.e., the Cogence Alliance Board of Directors), whose purpose is to (1) serve as a think tank for industry-wide change (with input from chapters); (2) advocate for that change; (3) guide the direction and focus of programming; and, (4) provide oversight to chapter activities. The restructure also created formal Boards of Directors at the chapter-level. Each regional chapter has a separate Board of Directors, which includes a president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer. Additionally, each chapter has three (3) committees: partnerships, programs, and Emerging Leaders — and the chairs (or co-chairs) of each committee serve on the chapter Board.
Partners form the core of Cogence’s thought leadership and advocacy. They are senior members of their respective organizations who have direct leadership responsibility in project delivery decisions. Partnership is an active commitment to work together to improve construction industry outcomes.
Cogence Alliance Board of Directors
- President: Pamela Neckar, Bostwick Design Partnership
- Vice President: Penrose Wolf, Cleveland Clinic
- Secretary: Phil Kerber, Whiting-Turner Contracting Co.
- Treasurer: Joe Cleves, Taft Law
- Chair, Advocacy: Jeff Appelbaum, Thomson Hine / PMC
- Chair, Programs: Sean McDermott, Cleveland Metroparks
- At-Large: Gary Hribar, Osborn Engineering
- At-Large: Walter Jones, MetroHealth
- At-Large: Pat Klanac, PTA Engineering
- NE Ohio Chapter President: Tadhg O’Crowley, The Brewer-Garrett Company
- Central Ohio Chapter President: Jeff Ortman, HAWA Incorporated
NEOhio Chapter Board of Directors
- President: Tadhg O’Crowley, The Brewer-Garrett Company
- Vice President: Bryan Wahl, Bostwick Design Partnership
- Secretary: Cynthia Leitson, Tri-C
- Treasurer: Armando Francisco, Lake Erie Electric
- Chair, Programs: Carter Edman, City of Cleveland
- Chair, Partnership: Bob Hager, Brennan Manna Diamond
- Chair, Emerging Leaders: Jennifer Storey, Stantec Architecture
Central Ohio Chapter Board of Directors
- President: Jeff Ortman, HAWA Incorporated
- Vice President: Frank Eisenhower, Karpinski Engineering
- Secretary: Lori Bongiorno, M+A Architects, Inc.
- Treasurer: Kelly Greene, DIRTT Environmental Solutions
- Chair, Programs: David Scott, Brennan Manna Diamond
- Chair, Partnership: Allen Toombs, NAC Architecture & Trinity NAC
- Co-Chair, Emerging Leaders: Angela Kolosky, DesignGroup
- Co-Chair, Emerging Leaders: Doug Smith, Dynamix Engineering