In roundtable discussions, Partners engage in open conversations about topics that are critical to project success, such as project delivery innovations and proven best practices. Programs provide a forum where Partners can compare experiences, present case studies, and share their perspectives on the opportunities and challenges of our industry.
Currently, participation in programs is reserved to COGENCE Partners. Program outcomes are shared here on the COGENCE website.
As we move forward, we anticipate holding outreach programs to create more opportunities for learning and conversation.
NEO: Leadership Transition
- Our upcoming NEO Roundtable will focus on Leadership Transition
- A calendar invite will be sent to all NEO Partners in October
- Please contact Admin@cogence.org with questions
2022 Town Hall
Powering the Transformation of Project Delivery
Town Hall 2022 Co-Create
- September 27th – 28th, 2022 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center (Columbus, Ohio)
- Join your colleagues in the design and construction community as we delve into the Transformation of Project Delivery.
- Day 1 events will include Keynote Speaker, Lars Johansson (CoverMyMeds). With four program tracks in the afternoon covering:
- Emergence: AI and the Why; Technology Start-Up; AI and Machine Learning Tools for Project and Safety Outcomes
- Core COGENCE: Risks 2022; Design Assist; Keys to Project Success
- Leadership & DEI: Culture First!; Mentorship and Empowering the Next Leader
- (Public) Project Delivery: projects TBA; Supply Chain and Procurement
- Following the first day event, all attendees are invited to a reception and tour of the new Columbus Crew Soccer field (Lower.com Field)
- Day 2 events will include Project Delivery Legal Update facilitated by Jeff Appelbaum, Thompson Hine LLP;
- Are we successful?; Emergence Focus; Project Spotlights (Private and Public); Why we were successful
- Best Practices of Collaborative Project Delivery
- Drive Awards presentations
- All are welcome! To register visit the Cogence Town Hall page.
NEO: Workforce & Talent Retention
- Speakers from the construction industry spoke on the current issues surrounding the workforce and ways to retain them. Rep. Addison of the 9th District in NEO spoke on DEI and government programs. Presentation was followed by a Q&A session.
- Please see the attached COGENCE Presentation 2022-07-27 (PDF) from our NEO roundtable.
NEO: It’s Infrastructure Week! ARPA, Infrastructure, and the legislation that affects our profession
- Panel of industry and government partners involved in Infrastructure, followed by a Q&A session
- Please see the attached COGENCE Presentation 2022-05-25 (PDF) from our NEO roundtable.
NEO: Supply Chain Disruption: Time, Money, and Workforce Issues
- This event will take a close look at the current state of the Supply Chain and provide information that is critical to all the current and upcoming projects to help you better prepare for some of the ‘curve balls’ that are headed our way.
- The presentation will include research data from the AGC on the current state of the supply chain, a presentation from Michael Mammone, Mars Electric on disruption between manufacturing and distribution, and a panel discussion.
- March 2022 NEO presentation (PDF)
NEO: WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! Lessons Learned (the hard way) in 2021
- Looking at the Lessons Learned from 2021
- Speakers: Matt Janiak, DLR Group; Aaron Lobas, Karpinski; Tari Rivera, Regency; Daniel Selhorst, The Albert M. Higley; Paula Selvaggio, Oswald
- January 2022 NEO Presentation (PDF)
Close-Out and Post-Occupancy – NEO Chapter
- As we continue to explore and discuss the Inflection Points of a project our final point looked at “Close-Out and Post-Occupancy”
- November 2021 NEO presentation (PDF)
Changes in the Work – NEO Chapter
- As we continue to explore and discuss the Inflection Points of a project we discussed “Changes in the Work” from each partners perspective. The partners broke into industry segments (Owner, Arch, Eng, CM/GC, Trade) and shared their thoughts on changes in the work within their segment.
- September 2021 NEO presentation (PDF)
For Whom Do We Design & Build? Latest Trends in Occupant Wellness and Sustainability – Central Ohio Chapter
The Central Ohio Cogence chapter has put together a panelist discussion program for the September their roundtable discussion on For Whom Do We Design & Build? Latest Trends in Occupant Wellness and Sustainability Thursday, September 16, 2021 (4:30pm-6:00pm) via Zoom. This Roundtable discussion is open to all.
Owner preferences, occupant well-being, and ecological demands may lead to greater opportunities for programs such as WELL, LEED, and the Living Building Challenge. Project delivery tactics and strategies are materially influenced by such programs, which are designed to promote occupant health, improve employee retention, reduce life cycle costs, and benefit the triple bottom line.
COGENCE proudly presents a panel of distinguished owners and professionals to discuss the challenges and opportunities presented by these programs, with a focus on project delivery elements, through the lens of several exemplary local/regional projects.
- Lars Johansson, Director, Campus Operations – CoverMyMeds
- Mike Bukach, Director, Employee Engagement – CoverMyMeds
- Alison Zajdel, Development Director – Cope Environmental Center
- Jessica Glorius-Dangelo, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP, LFA, Sustainability Coordinator – m+a architects
- Michael J. Berning, PE, CEM, LEED Fellow, Senior Principal, Chief Innovation Officer – Heapy
- Moderator: David M. Scott, LEED AP, Managing Partner – BMD
GMP/Design Sign-off – NEO Chapter
- GMP/Design Sign-off
- Our 2021 program theme of INFLECTION POINTS: The Moments that Determine the Course of a Project, we discussed the GMP/Design Sign-off discussion and “what it means” to each stakeholder.
- May 2021 NEO presentation (PDF)