The “Design Build” delivery method is often confused with “Design Assist”. The primary difference being the Design Build contactor is responsible for providing or hiring the engineer and therefore has responsibility and liability for the function of the systems being designed, implemented and installed for a project. The Design Build contractor is responsible for the preparation of the drawings and specifications in their entirety including code compliance. There is more risk involved with the Design Build delivery method vs. Design Assist. The resources available for a Design Build project lies with the contractor and the consultants the contractor decides to include as part of the Design Build team.
- SAVE THE DATE! CLAY SHOOT: JUNE 9, 2023 February 20, 2023
- Cogence Alliance Announces Addition of Kevin Thompson as Executive Director January 30, 2023
- Cogence Emerging Leaders Program – Application Period Open for Class of 2026 January 20, 2023
- Southwest Roundtable – January 24 January 20, 2023
- Northeast Ohio Roundtable – January 25 January 20, 2023