The “Design Build” delivery method is often confused with “Design Assist”. The primary difference being the Design Build contactor is responsible for providing or hiring the engineer and therefore has responsibility and liability for the function of the systems being designed, implemented and installed for a project. The Design Build contractor is responsible for the preparation of the drawings and specifications in their entirety including code compliance. There is more risk involved with the Design Build delivery method vs. Design Assist. The resources available for a Design Build project lies with the contractor and the consultants the contractor decides to include as part of the Design Build team.
- Cogence Makes Big Impact at Oswald All-Ohio Convocation September 14, 2023
- Follow Cogence on LinkedIn August 7, 2023
- Cogence Alliance Announces Addition of Kevin Thompson as Executive Director January 30, 2023
- Announcing the Winners of the 2022 Cogence Drive Awards October 7, 2022
- [Case Study] MetroHealth Campus Transformation Project: Design & Construction in a Rapidly Changing Environment (4 of 4) September 28, 2022