The “Design Build” delivery method is often confused with “Design Assist”. The primary difference being the Design Build contactor is responsible for providing or hiring the engineer and therefore has responsibility and liability for the function of the systems being designed, implemented and installed for a project. The Design Build contractor is responsible for the preparation of the drawings and specifications in their entirety including code compliance. There is more risk involved with the Design Build delivery method vs. Design Assist. The resources available for a Design Build project lies with the contractor and the consultants the contractor decides to include as part of the Design Build team.
- Special Event: Two Part Virtual Series on Supply Chain and Market Volatility June 9, 2021
- [Case Study] MetroHealth Campus Transformation Project: Building a Culture of Collaboration (2 of 4) October 15, 2019
- Cogence Special Event: Leadership in the Four-Generation Workplace January 15, 2019
- Announcing the Winners of the 2018 Cogence Drive Awards December 5, 2018
- [Case Study] MetroHealth Campus Transformation Project: Interview with Walter Jones (1 of 4) December 3, 2018