The “Design Build” delivery method is often confused with “Design Assist”. The primary difference being the Design Build contactor is responsible for providing or hiring the engineer and therefore has responsibility and liability for the function of the systems being designed, implemented and installed for a project. The Design Build contractor is responsible for the preparation of the drawings and specifications in their entirety including code compliance. There is more risk involved with the Design Build delivery method vs. Design Assist. The resources available for a Design Build project lies with the contractor and the consultants the contractor decides to include as part of the Design Build team.
- Cogence hosts its first Southwest Ohio Chapter Roundtable on April 5 March 1, 2022
- Central Ohio March Roundtable: Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace March 1, 2022
- Northeast Ohio March Roundtable: Supply Chain Disruption: Time, Money, and Workforce Issues March 1, 2022
- Cogence Emerging Leaders Program – Application Period Open for Class of 2025 December 10, 2021
- Cogence Team to Speak at HCD Conference on 10/24 October 4, 2021