The “Design Assist” delivery method is much different than the traditional Design-Bid-Build and Design Build delivery methods. The Design Assist method allows the owner to hire a design assist contractor for pre-construction services. This usually takes place around the schematic design phase. The design assist contractor does not have any liability for the design. The engineer of record is still fully responsible for the design. However, by using the design assist contractor’s expertise in cost estimating, pre-fabrication, scheduling, field work, equipment procurement and constructability review, the owner can achieve better project outcomes. By working with the engineer and other members of the design team, the design assist contractor can provide valuable input into a project plan early in the design process where he can have a heavy impact.
- SAVE THE DATE! CLAY SHOOT: JUNE 9, 2023 February 20, 2023
- Cogence Alliance Announces Addition of Kevin Thompson as Executive Director January 30, 2023
- Cogence Emerging Leaders Program – Application Period Open for Class of 2026 January 20, 2023
- Southwest Roundtable – January 24 January 20, 2023
- Northeast Ohio Roundtable – January 25 January 20, 2023