The “Design Assist” delivery method is much different than the traditional Design-Bid-Build and Design Build delivery methods. The Design Assist method allows the owner to hire a design assist contractor for pre-construction services. This usually takes place around the schematic design phase. The design assist contractor does not have any liability for the design. The engineer of record is still fully responsible for the design. However, by using the design assist contractor’s expertise in cost estimating, pre-fabrication, scheduling, field work, equipment procurement and constructability review, the owner can achieve better project outcomes. By working with the engineer and other members of the design team, the design assist contractor can provide valuable input into a project plan early in the design process where he can have a heavy impact.
- Special Event: Two Part Virtual Series on Supply Chain and Market Volatility June 9, 2021
- [Case Study] MetroHealth Campus Transformation Project: Building a Culture of Collaboration (2 of 4) October 15, 2019
- Cogence Special Event: Leadership in the Four-Generation Workplace January 15, 2019
- Announcing the Winners of the 2018 Cogence Drive Awards December 5, 2018
- [Case Study] MetroHealth Campus Transformation Project: Interview with Walter Jones (1 of 4) December 3, 2018